Senior Full-Stack Engineer
What you will do:
This role involves working closely alongside the CTO and to be able to quickly learn the whole project, and quickly become its counterpart.
As a full stack engineer at Kestra, you'll work on developing:
- The open source projects backend (java)
- The open source project frontend (vue.js)
- The open source plugins (Java)
- The enterprise editions (Java, vue.js)
- Private enterprise products (Java, vue.js, …)
- Backend: Java, Micronaut
- Frontend: Vue.js, Bootstrap
- Datastore: Kafka, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Mysql
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform (go for our own providers)
- Cloud: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Project: Github (repository, actions, issues)
- You will work on many technologies, look at our plugins list
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in both Backend (Java) and Frontend (Vue.js, react, …)
- Speaking/writing in English and preferably French as well
- Experience architecting and implementing backend systems.
- An ability to lead major architecture decisions and initiatives.
- Experience with writing good tests for applications, automation of testing, agile development, Git and Github workflows.
- Interest in the data space, and a love of shipping great products and building tools that empower end users to do more.
- Track record of learning new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with contributing to or the maintenance of an open-source project.
- Experience with Kafka & Kafka Streams.
- Experience with Micronaut
- Familiarity or experience with public cloud (aws, gcp, azure, …)
- Familiarity or experience with infrastructure especially Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL and NoSQL solutions
- Experience writing high-performance and distributed systems is a plus.