Kestra is a new open-source data orchestration and scheduling platform.
Kestra has the ambition to bring the most powerful and easy-to-use tool to the modern data stack!
The project has started in 2020 with a successful and huge production usage with a worldwide major retailer company. The official launch took place recently this year and very quickly generated incredible traction on GitHub. 1500+ organizations startup to large companies use already Kestra (Huawei, Tencent, DNB, BMW, Leroy Merlin…)
Focus to build the best team to create the most ambitious tools together.
Want to work in a fast, attentive, open-minded startup with an amazing culture!
# What you will do:
Kestra is looking for a Developer Advocate who loves to educate and engage with developers, and has a passion for open source communities.
- Content: Create and deliver engaging content, such as, but not limited to, blog posts, technical content, presentations, live streams, etc.
- Advocate: While still representing as a thought leader in different communities, you will still advocate for Kestra’s community internally, and promote Kestra externally
- Communities: Attend, speak at, and sponsor in-person and/or virtual events at various developer communities. Be a thought leader in the #DevRel space
- Fun: Create fun and engaging content for various social media platforms. Whether it’s writing, video creation and technical or soft skills to educate developers
- Community: Actively engaging with developers on various social media platforms (ie: Twitter, Slack, LinkedIn, GitHub Discussions, Reddit, StackOverflow, etc)
# What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience as a Developer Advocate, or similar activities
- Some experience in at least two programming languages or frameworks (JS, TS, Java, Python, …)
- Native US/UK with excellent spoken and written English
- You love to teach developers how to build cool stuff
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work with a diverse company (and team) located globally, working across different time zones
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
# Bonus points:
- Professional prior experience as a Data Engineer with extensive knowledge of the big data ecosystem, key technologies (especially Python, Kafka, Flink, Spark, data lakes and warehouses)
- Experience building demo apps and producing developer-centric content
- Experience speaking at community events and participating in online forums
- Experience growing and nurturing open source community projects
What you get:
- 👶 Join an early startup and become a prominent member of the company
- 💲 Market-competitive salary
- ✈ Minimum of 25 PTO
- 🌍 Work from home anywhere
- 🕰 Flexible Hours & Days
- 🖥 Budget to choose own hardware and office set-up
- 📖 A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- 💗 Endless growth opportunities
- And more!