Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Kestra is a new open-source data orchestration and scheduling platform.
Kestra has the ambition to bring the most powerful and easy-to-use tool to the modern data stack!
The project has started in 2020 with a successful and huge production usage with a worldwide major retailer company. The official launch took place recently this year and very quickly generated incredible traction on GitHub. 1500+ organizations startup to large companies use already Kestra (Huawei, Tencent, DNB, BMW, Leroy Merlin…)
Focus to build the best team to create the most ambitious tools together.
Want to work in a fast, attentive, open-minded startup with an amazing culture!
# What you will do:
This role involves working closely alongside the CTO and to be able to quickly learn the whole project, and quickly become its counterpart.
As a full stack engineer at Kestra, you'll work on developing:
- The open source projects backend (java)
- The open source project frontend (vue.js)
- The open source plugins (Java)
- The enterprise editions (Java, vue.js)
- Private enterprise products (Java, vue.js, …)
# Our stack
- Backend: Java, Micronaut
- Frontend: Vue.js, Bootstrap
- Datastore: Kafka, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Mysql
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform (go for our own providers)
- Cloud: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Project: Github (repository, actions, issues)
- You will work on many technologies, look at our plugins list (opens new window)
# What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in both Backend (Java) and Frontend (Vue.js, react, …)
- Speaking/writing in English and preferably French as well
- Experience architecting and implementing backend systems.
- An ability to lead major architecture decisions and initiatives.
- Experience with writing good tests for applications, automation of testing, agile development, Git and Github workflows.
- Interest in the data space, and a love of shipping great products and building tools that empower end users to do more.
- Track record of learning new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
# Bonus points:
- Experience with contributing to or the maintenance of an open-source project.
- Experience with Kafka & Kafka Streams.
- Experience with Micronaut
- Familiarity or experience with public cloud (aws, gcp, azure, …)
- Familiarity or experience with infrastructure especially Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL and NoSQL solutions
- Experience writing high-performance and distributed systems is a plus.
What you get:
- 👶 Join an early startup and become a prominent member of the company
- 💲 Market-competitive salary
- ✈ Minimum of 25 PTO
- 🌍 Work from home anywhere
- 🕰 Flexible Hours & Days
- 🖥 Budget to choose own hardware and office set-up
- 📖 A transparent, collaborative & inclusive culture
- 💗 Endless growth opportunities
- And more!