Thanks to its robust and flexible plugin architecture, Kestra can be used for a variety of use cases;
find a plugin that suits your needs or build one easily.
Here are examples to give you some ideas but feel free to use your imagination and create your own.
Seamless Data pipeline
Due to its wide range of plugins and the architecture that supports any size of data, Kestra allows you to create complex data pipelines with ease. Some examples of what you can expect from Kestra are:
- Importing data into your data warehouse from many built-in sources and connectors (database, sftp, bucket, ...)
- Preparing, validating, and aggregating your raw data to create a consolidated data mart.
- Exporting from your data warehouse to your applications, SaaS providers or partners.
Distributed automation and scheduling
Kestra can be used as a crontab alternative and removes your single point of failure to a distributed crontab in addition to a central UI to give a full insight of all jobs, logs, and failed attempts.
- Admin tasks such as backup, daily export, archive, and more
- Maintenance without the stress of having to do it manually
- Business processes that are triggered manually, create a flow, and just launch an execution
Delegate heavy workload
Thanks to the rich API, you can trigger any execution directly from your backend and follow the execution.
Imagine a really slow and compute-intensive process on your application server. Trigger a Kestra execution, follow it directly from your server in real time, and give real-time feedback to your end users. Don't scale your application server; let Kestra scale it for you.
- Synchronization of multiple microservices that function together through a single tool.
- Large compute-intensive work such as the generation of many documents or archive creation.